This non-denominational group meets seasonally on the second Monday of each month at 1:30 PM in the Christian Lounge of the Parish House at The Presbyterian Church in Westfield. No meetings are held in July and August. People with Parkinson’s disease and/or their caregivers are welcome. There is no charge to attend. Qualified speakers address a wide variety of issues relating to Parkinson’s disease (e.g. current and new treatments, alternative therapies, exercise programs, nutrition, and coping skills). Members also have the opportunity to share experiences. Light refreshments are served. A lending library of books on Parkinson’s disease is available for members.
For more information contact facilitator Barbara Ringk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 908-403-3129.
LINKS TO PARKINSON’S DISEASE WEBSITES
- American Parkinson Disease Association, Inc.
- National Parkinson Foundation, Inc.
- PDF – Parkinson’s Disease Foundation, Inc.
- Michael J. Fox Foundation
- World Parkinson Disease Association, Inc.
- NINDS Parkinson’s Disease Information Page
- Parkinson Alliance
- Parkinson’s Action Network
- Worldwide Education & Awareness for Movement Disorders (WE MOVE)